The Finnish City of Tampere reforms its Smart Tampere programme by emphasising the creation of an international business ecosystem and supporting Tampere’s ambitions to become carbon neutral.
In the future, the programme will consist of three parts:
(1) the digitisation programme that aims at digitising city services,
(2) the ecosystem programme to create new business models and opportunities, and
(3) the newly introduced sustainable Tampere programme with the goal to support the city in becoming carbon neutral.
Business Tampere, the city’s economic development agency and OASC co-founding member, will coordinate the programme’s ecosystem programme. The new director of the ecosystem programme is Seppo Haataja, who also chairs the OASC Mobility Working Group.
“Creating new business models and opportunities, networking and internationalisation have even greater emphasis now than before in the ecosystem programme. These are put into action especially under the themes renewing industry, smart mobility, safety, artificial intelligence and connectivity”, says Business Tampere CEO and OASC board member Harri Airaksinen.
- Original announcement on Smart Tampere Website [10 sept 2018]
- All information about Smart Tampere
- All information about OASC co-foudning organisation Business Tampere